Lauri Dishman, M.A., LCPC
Client Centered, Impactful, Collaborative, Creative, Dynamic
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical principles of career development, decision-making models and career counseling approaches
- Manage impactful programs to ready job seekers to confidently navigate the world of work
- Design and teach career development curriculum for graduate-level counseling programs
- Create a safe space for clients to process and work toward finding inner truth
- Facilitate fully-engaged counseling groups and job clubs
- Deliver in-depth, interactive presentations for live and on-line audiences
Lauri Dishman is a licensed clinical professional counselor with over a dozen years of experience providing career planning support and counseling to hundreds of clients. For over a decade, Lauri served as Manager of Counseling Services at Second Sense (formerly Guild for the Blind) where she developed and managed the Counseling Center.
Lauri holds a Master’s degree in Counseling and Organizational Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Telecommunication (Broadcasting) from the University of Florida. Ms. Dishman also teaches courses in group and career counseling to graduate students at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. She is also very active with the Illinois Career Development Association and the Illinois Counseling Association.
Lauri can be found on LinkedIn